Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Taking Damage.

"I can't seem to get Gears of War to work."

"Hm. Maybe you should lose some weight. Eek! You can't hurt me! I'm sick!"

-Calvin and I, in conversation.

I've been afflicted with the most vicious of fevers for the past few days. Got scary at one point. Couldn't stop shivering, and every joint went on strike. Couldn't even sleep properly for all the pain. And after being beaten back to the depths from which it came, like a sore loser it got its friends Migraine and Nausea to beat me up the next day.

Talk about not knowing when to give in, right?

Which sucks, because I've been curiously without anything to do for the past week or so, but stuff finally started coming to bear. On Monday, which was when the Fever started creeping in, there was a little shindig over at KLPac, and apparently everyone was there. Draaaaat.
Tuesday, I decided I was well enough (bad move) to go traipsing about in the city. Went and collected my paycheck for my work at Izzinet. Just 350, since I worked only 5 days before I had to stop for The Illusion. (Still haven't decided if I want to go back to work).
Then I had a magnificent meeting with Madam Ng back at school. We talked of work and age and school.

Then because I am a sucker for punishment, even though it was drizzling, I decided to plough on and not go home, instead going out with Gus and Jean to Mid Valley just to hang out, which was fun. But Gus is really beginning to get on my nerves with his antics. I was still slightly simmering after his little stupidities to and fro when we met up at No Black Tie with a couple more friends. He saved himself somewhat after that, when some of us were just eating at a mamak, so I let it slide (Which happens often, around him). But this stunt he pulled at Mid Valley just brought back all manners of unpleasant memories of his volatile personality. Which is really really fun to be around, when situation is set right. But his train of conversation sometimes is just disturbing.

Oh right, forgot to mention what the stunt he pulled was in the first place. He got an SMS from some random guy asking him for sex. Which is plain "What the fuck" kind of weird. But he very skillfully nips it in the bud and the guy leaves him alone. Then he takes my phone while I went to buy pills (Drugs! Lol!) and miscalled the same guy. No damage done, but I grow weary of having to be on my toes around him.

Back to subject matter. Hung out at Mid Valley. Caught up with Jean abit. Then went home and directly passed out from pain, and woke up the next day with the most unrelenting headache. I kept thinking of House throughout the time, for some odd reason. Which sucks, because I already missed the thing on Monday due to a fever, then I had to miss out the trip to Sunway College today. Intended to meet up with Karyn and Rachel, and talk to the councilor for abit, but just no go. I sat around for two hours waiting for the 1000 Mgs of Paracetamol to kick in, but it stuck around like a fat man waiting for his twinkies.
Finally relented and went off to a clinic, and got some pills which made everything vanish within the hour. Marvelous stuff.
I just hope it holds, because I'm headed to dinner with Alyssa and Chrys with Cal tomorrow.
Also: I Can't get BT's Force of Gravity out of my head.... ><

Do you Cryyyy your eeeeeyes to sleep....

3 comments:

Nicholas said...

For headaches like those, I take Ponstan. Sure it's not cheap, but it's good painkiller.

Anyway, have a look at this:

http://adelineong.com/2008/01/10/casting-call/

Syar said...

Man, your "fever" sounds extreme. And yet you refuse to go to a clinic, masochist.

I too, feel left out about missing the Monday KLPac reunion. Had I known it was going to be that, I might not have been so lazy. Garn. That's my new word by the way, it's an abbreviation (I know how you hate those) of gosh-darn.

I heart your exchange with your brother. I hope he wholeheartedly beat the crap out of you. Or at least gave you a noogie.

Oh, and why is he calling you a murderous megalomaniac? We all know you are one, but what prompted him to declare it so openly?

Mart said...

Nick: I have no propensity for your drug lingo! O.o And this casting call is for a malay thing! What do you want me to do with this? :P

Syar: It _is_ :P and I like abbreviations, just not thinly veiled ones for bad grammar! (I can only do this to you, because you use big words all the time) And why do you wish me bodily harm? :O

And he is calling me one, but I am not actually murderous. Or megalomaniacal. I merely want to cull this world of its unneeded people