Monday, February 11, 2008

Begging Your Pardon, Dear Reader...

"I am going to die cold and alone: A geek."
"orly?"
"yarly :("
"don't believe you. don't you have flocks of fangirls throwing their knickers at you all the time, or is that just Calvin's propaganda? :P"
"Calvin's propaganda"
"I am comfortable with talking to girls. Which is good and proper. I fail to see the knickers."
"I don't understand, you're a terrible flirt..."
"Yes. Terrible at it. Atrocious."
"nono, not terrible at it.."
"Quite terrible. Very off key and inappropriate.I will hear nothing of the contrary."
"you might not hear it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true :P"
"Lies and defamation."
"defamation? calling you a good flirt is defamation now? :P"
"*holds up cross* I WILL HEAR NO MORE!"
"lol"

-Tham and I, in conversation over MSN.

I've been using that phrase alot. "I'm going to die Cold and Alone: A Geek". Probably because it's true. More probably because I've been _SUCH_ the geek these past couple days. Been doing relatively nothing but sitting at home and leveling my Paladin. (Ding! 52!)
F'Serious. I've had noooothing to do in the name of productivity for more than a week.
Okay, I lie. I've been viewing and reviewing "Red" which is the script I intend to enter the March Platform with.
-Went to Genting Highlands with Nick, Amelia and Jon (Fun chap. Deeeep voiced.) to do a mock interview. It was fun! Just standing around a set and trying to be productive.
-It's chinese new year, so I've paid all my relatives a hearty well-deserved visit. Gong Xi Fa Choi, everyone. Also popped over to Gustave's house for spaghetti and (unplanned) gambling. It's good to catch up with him. The animosity's seemed to have dissipated entirely, which is good. I'm going to be on set with him tomorrow.
-Went to Syar's surprise party. Which was awesome. Met a couple new people. Talked of further geekdom. I've always wanted to be part of a surprise party. But I couldn't hide out and glomp syar for fear of breaking everyone else's surprise. Garn. (Here's looking at you, Kid.)

Other than that it's been: Judge Crusader on target. Seal of Righteousness up. Bap target. Loot target. Repeat as necessary in appropriate environments. Side note: Protection AoE farming is _insane_. And I've been listening to the Soundtrack for Battlestar Galactica alot. Divine stuff.

Okay, so obligatory update on my life's done, let's get down to the whinging.
I have decided that I do not update this blog nearly enough for my own liking. Now that I have decided as such, I'm not sure what I'm going to _do_ about it. For one thing, I hate my keyboard. The keys are a pain to hit, and my typing speed is pretty damn fast, so I dislike having to slow down for the keyboard. It's like having an ulcer on your tongue. Suddenly it seems like the effort to say "Love ya!" to someone isn't worth it, with the way the tongue clicks on the teeth. Pain. Misery.
But anyway, I'm sorry, dear reader. :( But thanks for staying tuned.

This whole "nothing to do" spree, while liberating, is starting to get a little frustrating. Laziness is a slippery slope, I feel, and the more I sink into it the less motivated I get to do stuff. This blog being a case in point. Suddenly an hour of sleep is infinitely preferable to going to a meet up with friends. A run through an instance more attractive than going out to watch Sweeney Todd. (I haven't watched Sweeney Todd yet! What the fuck!) I worry it'll stick. But damn, I love being able to tell people "No, I'm free. What's up?"

BUT! There be a silver lining, my friends! Tomorrow I depart for another shoot for that TV Pendidikan project. (About damn time. At this rate we'll never get 13 episodes under our belt).
Audition for The Oral Stage's next play this Sunday. The Acting for Beginners workshop begins this Sat. Well and good. I'm hoping this'll kick my arse back into gear (and maybe Nick's priest'll catch up to the paladin)

Lastly! And this is what the starting quote relates to; Valentine's coming up soon! Jeez, Feb 14th already! Time flies when you're having fun.
.... Ah hell, what'm I gonna do for Valentine's. XD

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sif quote me without permission!

You're not contemplating a career in journalism, are you? o.O

Nicholas said...

Not likely... That priest was healing Cevlar when they were the same Level...

Syar said...

I still don't understand what glomping is, although I'm sure glad you didn't demonstrate. And "kid"? Ex-key-use mee? You are and forever will be the "kid" in this friendship, kid.

Sweeney Todd was bloody gory, literally. Totally up your alley. Watch, must. Fit it in to your "insane" thespian/geekery schedule.